Friday, October 18, 2013

platonic teeth

dusk hangs off your shoulders
as you shine down the beach road
your weather and crow's feet to keep.
my loneliness and symptoms 
are classic. i worry no more about
you or the academy. celebration
approaches like a thirsty horse. i've said
i'll ruin you before you win.
i'll draw the curtain over your 
veridic skin and leave you waiting

in the setting sun, an honest 
horoscope from the suburb's paper.
your vitality calls for suffocation
hazard lights and shirttails. my stetson hat
is in the grass. little tunes i've suffered
on the harmonica you gave me
bleed down the hillside like wounds.
my hands touch red to my jaw.
i look for answers at the plantation's ruins.
i look for rewards in your polished veins.

a little sunshine can steal the breath
from all your prose. on the other hand
those nights took me in like a drunk 
mother in law. the trestle curves
as i half run on an empty stomach 
to get another enemy undressed.  
the smoke is thick in the pockets 
of my body. make best use of the god
who's at the window with you 
guiding red leaves to their gutters

No comments:

 

yasmin