Thursday, February 6, 2014

foxfire testament

You were so lawless last I saw you
slow dancing lonesome Sarah Palmer 
in the basement. You spoke smokily
of prophets leaning on wooden rakes 
in the toothy sun over Paraguay. I never 
said my share of apologies. I wrote off 
the foxfire testament, buried the book 
like it was your body pale and receding. 
I ripped photos of you, rolled them into 
cigarette filters and fucked all your rivals 
in their peach coloured dorms. You took
to the omniscience of road maps. Left
shards of cd’s on your front lawn to melt
in the dry dirt. I’m still bleeding through
the same stitches. You can and should 
rub salt into the cracks. 

I saw truth and then the hair on your ass 
and then rent checks on your mother’s coffee table. 
You punched the vanity mirror and rubbed your fist 
into the broken glass. Other than that you measured 
the faith out into hand bound books and watched 
the Juan de Fuca grow darker from your balcony. 
Then anxiety bled out of hometown backyards 
and into your ernest blue lungs. I know you 
left for a righteous reason. My mother just
prayed me gone like shitty weather or calls
from Collections. I know it’s colder where you 
are now. There, sunlight dies behind a treed hill 
with an electric crucifix on top. I may never see 
the vapour leave your blistered lips. 
When I stare through my hands it’s like last light through bare branches.
You’ll never know how all this death got into my eyes and under my nails.

No comments:

 

yasmin