Saturday, February 8, 2014

I Gave All My Love

to a shoreline far up-island:
a black bear sleeps in the tall grass; 
a grey haired woman wears a leather coat
follows wolves into the trees. 
Lately I've seen the water rise 
and Pessoa standing in the ebb tide.
I want every name to be abandoned.
I want our ankles to crack under us.
I never saw the front of the shaman's
head who led us to the clearing:

Totem; pale body in the sunlight
paint once pollen all gone (thinned 
by rain in the April storms); A ghost 
is quietly at the end of the trail.

Weather, weather, all altruism aside
I grew older than you then died
and now I am here haunting you.
The front lawn was last cut 
by a neighbour, tired of looking at it.
The ceiling will cave in at the end
of the decade. By that time I will 
have forgotten how to settle dust 
by watching it fall. I will be shooting 
owls from the side of a logging road
lit up in high beams and moonlight.

No comments:

 

yasmin